Monday, June 21, 2010

Zankou Chicken


Happy Belated Father's Day y'all!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and a most wonderful father's day! I spent my father's day in L.A. visiting my dad and my boyfriend's dad. Since, it was such a crazy weekend we decided to do takeout. On Saturday, we picked up some already marinated Korean BBQ and grilled it up in our backyard to celebrate my awesome dad. The meat was yummy but I forgot to take pictures of it (I'm still new to this food blog business). For the boyfriend's dad, we picked up some Zankou Chicken, which is some of the most affordable and yummy Mediterranean food around. We ended up ordering a whole roasted chicken (which comes with a bag of pita bread), tri-tip shawerma plate, mutabbal and tabbouleh salad.


Here's the menu. Mmm.


The whole roasted chicken is quite yummy.


The tri-tip shawerma plate comes with pickled turnips, hummus and a garlic sauce. I've also had the tri-tip kabobs before, but I found it to be overcooked so the shawerma is your best bet.


Pita bread makes me happy.


The tabbouleh salad was very flavorful. You can really taste the freshness of the minced parsley with lemon and oil. Yum!


If you have never had mutabbal you have got to try it! Its grilled eggplants, fresh garlic and tahini blended together and topped with olive oil and paprika. I am in love with eggplant, so I guess I'm a bit biased.

Zankou Chicken is one of my favorite places to hit when I'm in L.A. The food is fresh and its packs a punch on your taste buds so make sure you try it next time you're in the area. That's all I have for today, so happy eats everyone!

Zankou Chicken
1296 E. Colorado Blvd.,
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 405.1502

1 comment: