Thursday, June 17, 2010

Punjabi Tandoor


Hello all!
Last night, I was asked to get get some Indian grub with a friend so we stopped at Punjabi Tandoor. We got there around 6:30 and the place was packed so we decided to do take out. I LOVE Indian food, especially, Tikka Masala. I ordered my food and it was a bit of a wait since there were so many people there. They cook your food to order so its nice and hot when it comes out so I don't mind the 15 minute wait.


Here's the menu and you can also get combo specials for about $8.99 (this includes two entrees, basmati rice, naan and little cup of dessert).


Tikka Chicken Masala and smushed spicy lentils with basmati rice. This was gooooooooooooooood. (If you only order the Tikka Masala its $5.49 or you can opt out for the combo with rice and naan for $7.99)


Freshly grilled naan.


This was some sort of rice pudding made with basmati rice. I thought it was pretty good because it sort of reminded me of ras malai.

All in all, this is a mom and pop shop that serves up some good grub. The food isn't too expensive, so stop by and taste a bit of India. Happy eats everyone!

Punjabi Tandoor
9235 Activity Rd Suite 111
(between Clayton Dr & Padgett St)
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 695-0956

1 comment:

  1. This sounded soooo good! Unfortunately for me, I live a ways from Calif. DARN... Now I have to try to either make some of this myself, or go restaurant hopping.

    ReplyDelete